Photos by Alex Lee
This month's Window bike is a custom 1999 XL883 Sportster built by shop friend Eric Stafford and his father Lyal Stafford. This is the second time we've gotten to feature one of Eric's bikes - April 2013 we featured his Yamaha SR500. Here are some of the specs on Eric's 'Dark Matter' Sportster.
- 883 to 1200 Conversion Kit
- Chopped and trimmed fenders
- Supertrapp 2 into 1
- Progressive front lowering kit 2 inch drop
- Dunlop tires
- New Era air cleaner
- House of Color Satin paint on the black fenders, oil tank and gas tank
- Lots of Black powder coat done by Westex Coating inc.
- Chopped Cam cover and sprocket cover
- Posh tail light
- Custom side mount license plate mount
- Rear suspension lowering mount by Burly Brand
- Smaller black signal lights
- Army Butt pack retrofitted to be a saddlebag
- Headlight shroud off of an old Kawasaki KDX 400 dirt bike modified slightly to fit the Harley
Big thanks to Eric Stafford for lending us this beaut. Be sure to check out his Instragram account (@ericstafford) for progress pics on his latest build - a 883 Tracker.